The Skilled Migrant Visa is the most common choice for people wanting to call New Zealand home.
The skilled migrant visa is a points based system, and to be eligible to apply you must meet a level set by Immigration New Zealand, with points being awarded based on different factors relating to your skills, qualifications, experience and personal factors. Because attaining the set level of points is dependent on so many factors, it is essential to have your eligibility assessed by a licensed immigration advisor to avoid costly disappointment. Once you know that you are eligible the application is a two part process with the initial step being an online Expression of Interest (EOI) submitted to immigration. If your EOI is selected by immigration then you will be invited to apply for permanent residence in New Zealand.
Our skilled migrant service includes:
- Managing everything required for the entire process.
- Job search support.
- Assisting in the Jobs
- Settlement advice and support
Silver Fern visas
The two Silver Fern visas – Silver Fern Job Search and Silver Fern Practical Experience – are designed to bring young skilled people to New Zealand. Find out the basic requirements.
About the Silver Fern Job Search visa
The Silver Fern Job Search visa allows people to enter New Zealand for nine months to search for skilled employment. There is a limit of 300 places per year.
To be eligible you must meet our requirements, which include:
- being aged between 20 and 35
- meeting all of the qualifications requirements
- meeting English language requirements
- having enough funds to support yourself during your stay.
Before you apply for a Silver Fern Job Search visa, you must:
- not have previously been granted a Silver Fern Job Search visa
- be aged between 20 and 35 years of age inclusive
- be outside New Zealand during the application process
- hold a recognised bachelor’s degree or higher qualification, or a recognised trade qualification with a minimum of two years of work experience in that trade
- meet theEnglish language requirements set out for principal applicants under the Skilled Migrant Category (IELTS level 6.5)
- have a minimum of NZ$4,200 available funds to meet your living costs while you are in New Zealand
- meet our health and character requirements.
With New Zealand family visas, there are a number of different paths to gaining a visa if you want to join your family in New Zealand.
If you simply want to visit your family while you are on holiday then a Visitor visa will suffice. However, if a member of your family is a New Zealand citizen or Permanent Resident then you may be eligible to migrate to New Zealand.
Parents, partners, dependent children and young adults and grandparents of New Zealand citizens and permanent residents are able to join their family in New Zealand. Many family members have the ability to either travel to New Zealand temporarily or attain permanent residence through the appropriate channels.
For parents looking to join their children in New Zealand there are also options for temporary and permanent retirement.