Citizenship and Immigration Canada is accepting expressions of interest for many economic immigration programs, such as the popular federal skilled workers. Discover more information about this program here. The Canadian government grants permanent resident visas less than two general parts: That of family reunification, and of economic migration. The economic component is aimed primarily at professionals and skilled workers who can apply for immigration in the category of federal skilled workers skilled workers in Quebec and the provincial nominee category. The economic component also aims immigration of business people.In the category of federal skilled workers, immigration candidates are evaluated based on several factors which are indicative of their chances to establish themselves successfully in Canada. The candidates with the best chance of success are those with professional skills and work experience in an occupation “open” to prospective immigrants. The selection rules are very favorable to candidates who hold job offers from Canadian employers approved by the government. For more information, see our article “Who can immigrate under the skilled worker program” Economic section: The province of Canada operates its own immigrant selection program. Candidates who want to settle in Canada can apply under the Skilled Worker category of Express Entry. They will be assessed according to indicators of their ability to successfully settle in the province.  Several Canadian provinces offer of immigration programs to attract candidates may well come to Canada. Sometimes a candidate who does not meet the selection criteria of the federal skilled worker category may qualify under a provincial nomination program.  Canada also admits immigrants under the Business Immigration Program includes three categories, including investors, entrepreneurs and self-employed.  Component Family The federal family class is a sponsorship program promoting the reunion in Canada of Canadian citizens and permanent residents with their close relatives , including spouses, common-law or conjugal partner 16 years or more, a dependent child not married under the age of 19, a parent or grandparent, and a brother, sister, nephew , niece, grandchild orphan , unmarried and under the age of 18 or any other relative if the sponsor has no another member of his eligible family in Canada or abroad . The Canadian government has temporarily suspended receiving applications for sponsorship of parents and grandparents . They can instead apply for a Super Visa parents and grandparents, who can stay in Canada for up to two years without interruption.