A nurse is a health care professional who is engaged in the practice of nursing. Nurses are men and women who are responsible (along with other health care professionals) for the treatment, safety and recovery of acutely or chronically ill or injured people, health maintenance of the healthy, and treatment of life-threatening emergencies in a wide range of health care settings. Nurses may also be involved in medical and nursing research and perform a wide range of non-clinical functions necessary to the delivery of health care. The nursing career structure varies considerably throughout the world. Typically there are several distinct levels of nursing practitioner, distinguished by increasing education, responsibility and skills. The major distinction is between task-based nursing and professional nursing.
Job Profiles Eligible for QMAS
- Academic Research and Education – Ex. Nurseries, Tertiary Education, Academic Research.
- Architecture, Surveying, Engineering and Construction – Ex. Landscaping, Architecture, Surveying, Civil/ Electrical/ Mechanical/ Structural/ Environmental Engineering.
- Arts and Culture – Ex. Performing Arts, Fine Arts, Museums, Libraries, Photography.
- Broadcasting and Entertainment–Ex. Broadcasting & Programming, Motion Picture, Video & Television Programme Production, Sound Record & Music Publishing.
- Business Support and Human Resources – Ex. Business Consulting, Company Secretary, Administrative Support, Human Resources Management, Recruitment Services, Public Relations Services, Advertising, Information Services.
- Catering and Tourism – Ex. Bars, Restaurants, Hotels, Travel Agencies.
- Commerce and Trade – Ex. Import & Export, Retail, Wholesale.
- Financial and Accounting Services – Ex. Accountancy, Banking, Insurance, Securities, Investment Banking.
- Human Health and Veterinary Services – Ex. Western Medicine, Chinese Medicine, Dental Services, Medical Technologists, Occupational Therapists, Nurses, Veterinary Services.
- Information Technology and Telecommunications – Ex. IT Consultancy, Wireline or Wireless Communications.
- Legal Services – Ex. Legal Practice.
- Logistics and Transportation – Ex. Logistics, Air Transport, Sea Transport, Land Transport.
- Manufacturing Industries – Ex. Electrical, Electronics, Food & Beverages, Chemical, Metals, Toys, Textiles, Watches, Jewellery, Printing & Publishing.
- Sports – Ex. Sports Activities.